MONDAY WITHIN OCTAVE OF EASTER.
LH of the weekday within Easter octave.
MASS proper, Gloria, optional sequence, no Creed, with proper Preface and proper inserts of Easter for the Eucharistic Prayer.
R 1 Ac 2, 14. 22-33; Ps 15, 1-2a and 5. 7-8. 9-10. 11. Go Mt 28, 8-15.
The memorial of St Anselm, Bishop & Doctor, is not celebrated this year.
Other celebrations are not permitted, with the excep- tion of funeral Masses.
|14. Purple||MONDAY OF HOLY WEEK (Psalter week II).
Liturgy of the day.
“What the SACBC secretariat gets up to?”
1. Associate Secretary-General (Fr Grant Emmanuel) addressed the priests of the Archdiocese of Durban on the recent survey for the Synod on the Family and the general workings of the SACBC.
2. Catholic Health Care (CATHCA) is hosting a conference in Koinonia (Johannesburg) on the theme “Maternal Healthcare and Childcare” (7-10 April). Delegates from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa are expected.
3. Aids Office’s PEPFAR grant is extended for another year. Orphan programme and two of the six treatment sites will continue to get funding.
4. Aids Office is facilitating a training in home-based care in Mbombela (Witbank) and another training on food gardening in Klerksdorp.
5. Aids Office staff is having a retreat at Good Shepherd Centre, Hartbeespoortdam during the Holy Week.
6. Aids Office is hosting 16 Dutch donors and volunteers. This week, they are in Pomeroy (Dundee) with Johan Viljoen and HomePlan sharing the life of the caregivers and OVCs as well as helping to construct houses for the latter. They will be interviewed by Communications and Media on Radio Veritas from 10:00 to 11:00 on Thursday (10 April) morning.
7. Family Life working group is meeting on Thursday.
8. Family Life is co-facilitating a workshop on “Abuse of Older Persons” in Rustenburg this coming weekend.
9. Communications and Media will have an in-house meeting on Friday.
10. Communications and Media will collect ideas and liaise with the Secretariat of the Leadership Conference of Consecrated Life (LCCL-SA) for the celebration of the Year of Consecrated Life which runs from October 2014 to November 2014.
11. Evangelisation will have its departmental meeting on Thursday.
12. The Association of Catholic Tertiary Students (Acts) are hosting a National Health Awareness Week by promoting the ABCD lifestyle and screening for chronic diseases.
13. The Catholic Institute of Education (CIE) is having its Board Meeting on Wednesday.
|7. Purple||Monday, 5th Week of Lent (Psalter week I).Liturgy of the day. LH of the weekday.MASS of the weekday, Preface of the Passion I.R 1 Dan 13, 1-9. 15-17. 19-30. 33-62 (or 41c-62); Ps 22, 1-3a. 3b-4. 5. 6.Go Jn 8, 12-20.
[De la Salle Brothers: Patronal Feast].
The memorial of St John Baptist de la Salle, Priest, may be commemorated as set out on pp.34, n. 10.
In order to promote baptismal catechesis, it is permissible to take once more on the most suitable day within this week the Gospel of Lazarus (provided it does not coincide with a solemnity or a feast), assigned to the previous Sunday, instead of those of the weekday. Where this is done, the readings are as follows:
R 1 2 Kgs 4, 18b-21. 32-37; Ps 16, 1. 6-7. 8b and 15. Go Jn 11, 1-45.
The matching proper preface of the preceding Sunday should also be used.